Monday, January 22, 2007

Any Advice? Tips?

For the past two months my daughter (age 6) has been having wetting accidents. There is no real definitive pattern to the occurences either. They don't happen everyday, but sometimes they happen more than once a day. They can happen morning, noon, or night. At home or away from home. We have tried different approaches to handling them as well. We have helped her clean up and change to making her clean herself up and change. We have tried using stickers and working towards a reward. We have tried taking away certain priveledges. Even ignoring it. Nothing seems to be working. There is nothing physically wrong with her either - I took her in to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and they ran different tests to make sure she didn't have any infections and there is no nerve damage.

What's frustrating is she knows when she has to go, she just chooses not to go. We were at the mall yesterday and she told me she had to go, so we left the others and went and found a bathroom. Well later that same night, she tried sneaking upstairs to go change because she was wet. Any advice on how to turn this around would be greatly appreciated.

**********
Normally renewing your driver's license is a nuisance task that people usually dread due to the long lines and short hours at the DMV, but I was actually looking forward to it this time. You see, I wanted to correct a vital statistic on mine. Over the years our weight tends to go up and down just like our moods. But this past year I have worked really hard to lose the remaining post baby weight and then some. I'm happy to report that my license is now 10 pounds lighter. Yeah!!

1 comments:

Margaret January 22, 2007 at 12:29 PM  

Congrats on the missing baby weight! Fortunately NY asks for just height...no weight. I'll bet it's a cute picture of you too.

As to K.... she's a stubborn Taurus like her birthday buddy auntie. I'll think about this one.

About This Blog

I'm hoping to use this as a keepsake for my family to document events in our lives and to share my journey to improving my photography skills.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP