What have I been eating?
Out of curiosity and a Target gift card, I picked this book up the other day to see what he had to say. What I learned is that this book could be about 1/2 the size that it is. Trudeau repeats the same thing over and over again, numerous times, page after page. We get the point already.
I'm not sold on his plan, but I did learn that the food industry is hiding a lot of unnecessary things in our food. We were already a somewhat healthy eating family with vegetables/fruits/whole grains, but come to find that they hide trans fats and MSG and other chemicals in things we eat everyday is scary. We are going to start choosing a more organic lifestyle with our food choices. Instead of paying the high costs of the grocery store for fruits and vegetables, we've decided to shop the local farmer's market on Thursdays. Not only we will get fresh organic items, but we will also be helping out the local farmers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment