What do you get when you mix the State Fair filled with lots of junk foods, fun rides, and a haunted house plus a rockin' thunderstorm at 2 in the morning --> kids that don't want to fall asleep because they are scared (won't admit it) and once they do fall asleep, they are awoken by the storm and scared. I don't blame them. I'm all for a good storm, but I don't like when the thunder cracks like it was last night. Then there was the driving wind and rain, I had visions of finding the pool cover up in a tree or in a neighbors yard. That would just be my luck since I didn't cover the pool after the kids were done swimming. Let's just say, not a lot of sleep was had in our house last night and it was a tough morning waking everyone up. My fingers are not up to typing this morning. Oh how I would love to pull up the covers and roll over right now and grab a few more sleeps.
I finished another layout this past weekend. I started this one back at the beginning of August. It was the first template I got as part of Melanie's creative team. It was coming together great - the photos, the papers, the colors, but then I got stuck. I didn't know how I wanted to finish the layout. So I set it aside to work on others. I didn't like the fact that it was sitting in my folder half complete. I was determined this past weekend to get it done. And I did. Here is another layout from our trip to Como Park in June (click for larger version).
Credits:
Melanie Colosimo - StraightArrow Template & Funktabulous Papers @ Elemental Scraps
Traci Reed - Unbound Paper
Weeds & Wildflowers - Painted Butterfly
Tiff Brady - Stitched Star
Toni Berman - Wacky Ric Rac
Michelle Coleman - Hand Stamped Alpha
Only three days of work this week and then a long vacation weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment